Yes, sometimes I photograph my food. Don't you?
Slow Cooker French Dip
makes 4-6 sandwiches
2 lb chuck roast
1 can beef broth
1 packet onion dip mix
1 bottle beer (the darker the better)
6 french rolls
1. Trim some of the fat off the roast. Not too much.
2. Put roast in slow cooker with broth, dip, and beer.
3. Cook on low 8 hours.
4. Pull out meat and shred with forks.
5. Remove cooking liquid to saucepan. Boil to reduce, 10-20 minutes.
6. Return meat to cooker with a bit of cooking liquid to reheat while the dipping sauce reduces.
7. Slice rolls, brush with butter and toast.
8. Serve with small bowls of dipping sauce on the side.
Reducing the sauce is optional. It just makes it a little thicker, not so watery. Feel free to skip that step. Also, I don't strain my sauce, but it would probably look prettier if you did.
This goes well with roast potatoes. They like the sauce too.